Friday 4 April 2014

Monthly Round-Up



Err, excuse me, how is it suddenly April? 2014 is absolutely flying by so far I'm struggling to keep up!

The past month has been a whirlwind of high's and low's. I'm still recovering from surgery (which then lead to the loss of my job) and being stuck inside almost 24/7 has not been fun. That said, the sun is starting to appear and it's definitely bringing a smile to face! Now that I'm a bit more mobile I've been attending more shows, seeing my friends as often as possible and baking with my mum for Mother's Day, aww.

Things are certainly starting to heat up for spring, so here's what saw me through March:

ALBUM

I got sent this album a couple weeks prior to it's release for review (which can be found here) and I'm still not sick of it. It's full of upbeat, summery anthems that are the perfect blend of pop and rock. Pretty sure this one is going to see me through the summer! 

SINGLE



I'm fairly new to the electronic music scene, but I've been discovering some real gems recently. After seeing huge amounts of hype, the new single from BANKS has got me hooked. Her voice is insane and having caught her live on her recent tour, I'm completely blown away by her talent! 

FESTIVAL

There's a lot of competition for this year's Festivals and after seeing the Glastonbury line-up today (snore) I think I can safely say 2000 Trees is going to be my favourite this year. It's my Birthday weekend and I can't think of a better way of celebrating it than being in a field with great bands, great people and super tasty cider. COME AT ME SUMMER. 


GIGS ATTENDED












Gunning for Tamar, Brawlers & Yearbook @ Brithdays, Dalston // Young Kato acoustic session @ TMRW magazine Boxpark store // Architects @ The Haunt, Brighton // Takedown Festival @ Southampton Univeristy // Saint Raymond @ Borderline, London // Young Kato @ Garage, London // BANKS @ Concorde 2, Brighton

Now, to try and squeeze everything into April!

No comments:

Post a Comment