Thursday 20 December 2012

We want the airwaves back...


Apologies for the shameless self-promotion here! However, as some of you may, or may not know, I've been working with the local Portsmouth radio station Express FM for a while now, through university and post-graduation. I used to co-host the Friday Night Show, but thought it was time to venture out by myself and play the music I am so strongly passionate about and discuss various going's on in the music world.

So my new radio show has been born. I've just completed my third week and it's safe to say I am absolutely loving it! I've tried to keep it varied, I play everything from Lucy Rose and Mumford & Sons to Save Your Breath and Arcane Roots. I like to think I'm catering to a lot of listeners preferences by throwing in some chart based stuff as well as the upcoming and unsigned acts that I adore.

Currently, the show goes out every Wednesday night 9-10pm. However as of January I shall be moving to Tuesday nights 10-11pm, a perfectly reasonable time for you all to listen before you head to sleep!

I'm not one to have an ego bigger than my head, I'm not going to tell you it's the best thing you've ever heard. But I will promise a great selection of music and hopefully, entertainment from myself.

So if you find yourself with nothing to do next Wednesday evening, head to www.expressfm.com, or if you're in the Portsmouth / Hampshire / West Sussex area tune to 93.7FM to hear the show.

I've had some amazing feedback so far which is so great to hear! But I'd really love to know what you all think of it, so send me a message over on Twitter or the show's Facebook page!




No comments:

Post a Comment