Monday 17 September 2012

Bestival!

Sorry I've been a bit missing in action recently, I arrived home from Bestival Monday afternoon and haven't stopped since! However I have the next couple of days off work and I've come down with a rotten cold so I'm spending my time wrapped up under a duvet and doing all the writing I've been meaning to do for weeks. Hopefully this means I'll have a few more posts for you guys coming soon! My full review of Bestival will be up on Bring the Noise this week, so I won't post the whole thing on here, but thought I'd share my experience with you!










The whole of the Bestival weekend was incredible, I chose to dress up as a Zebra for the Wildlife theme, as you can see in the picture above and I brought along my face painting kit so I could paint myself some stripes as well as doing various prints and designs on my friends faces.

∆ Alt-J were probably one of the best acts I saw all weekend, it's amazing to see how far they've come in recent months, we could barely get in the tent there were so many people! Ben Howard and Gabrielle Aplin were also fantastic, completely different vibes from artists of the same genre, which was interesting to see, obviously I was massively swooning over Mr Howard, that man just has such a glorious face!



Two Door Cinema Club and Stevie Wonder both sent me and the rest of the crowd into a complete dancing frenzy and I had the best time jumping around with all my friends, singing a long to every line. I've already bought my ticket for the Alexandra Palace Two Door show next year because they impressed me so much at Bestival. To be able to say that I saw Stevie Wonder live as well is such an incredible feeling, he did mumble about politics a bit too much, but for a man who's getting older and who can't actually see, his musical performance was spot on and finished the festival off in style. 



Finally, some pictures of me and my best mate James, (yes that is a christmas tree on his face), we've been so close since we started uni together three years ago and now that we're in different cities it's hard to stay in touch so we made the most of it at Bestival and I had such a laugh with him and all the others I was camped with. Despite the gruelling travel, (6 hours each way even though I live in Portsmouth!) it was totally worth it and I can't wait to go back next year!

Did anyone else go to Bestival this year? What did you think of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment