Tuesday 26 June 2012

Blissfields 2012


As I've spent my weeks breathing in the city air, admittedly with a waft of the seaside, whilst tapping away at my keyboard longing for the work to end and the summer begin, it's surprised me how quickly life is flying by and all of a sudden I'm rushing through town on the hunt of a festival-proof coat and purchasing the biggest pack of baby wipes I can find. This can only mean one thing, it's festival time!

Having missed out MASSIVELY last year due to insufficient funds I've made sure that I make my way to a few festivals this summer to get my dose of muddy, smelly, sweaty goodness. Therefore over the coming months I will be giving you my tips of which bands to see at the best festivals, what you should probably pack and what you can expect. If any of you went to Isle of Wight festival at the weekend, you will have unfortunately learnt the importance of a good pair of wellies and a coat, however we can all hope that the rest of this years festivals won't be as tragic!

To start things off we have Blissfields; wander ever so slightly north-west from my seaside home of Portsmouth and you'll stumble across a family-friendly, quirky festival with a slight vintage warmth about it. Blissfields pitches up in Vicarage Farm, not far from Winchester and provides activities for all ages, whether you want to have fun with arts and crafts, have an afternoon tea with your friends or just indulge yourself in the incredible music that will be treating your ears. Weekend tickets are only £74 (yes you can still purchase them!) which is an absolute bargain for the amount of goodies you're getting and with a corking line up, you'd be silly not to go!

Here's my musical tips for the weekend:

Friday - Main Stage:                                                        
                                                                 Guillemots
Once you hit play you'll instantly recognise the song, I'm expecting a magical atmosphere from these guys. 

King Charles
Sunshine happy melodies and hair resembling that of Hook, expect everything to be extravagant 

Josh Kumra
The voice behind the Number 1 single "Don't Go" by Wretch 32, one to simply sit back, relax and enjoy.

Second Stage:

Clock Opera
Having missed their set at The Great Escape, I'm very excited to see what they have to offer at Blissfields!

Bear Cavalry
Repeat after me.... HEY UMBA DA DA DA DA DAAAAHHHH!

It's also worth taking a stroll over to the Hidden Hedge Acoustic Stage to see the likes of I Dream In Colour, BeBe Black, Leigh Mary Stokes and Huw Olesker & The Barebackers.

Saturday - Main Stage:

Spector
Indie rock music for you all to awkwardly shuffle along to when you've had a few too many

Bastille
You're gonna see me banging on about Bastille a lot over the coming months, I just can't get enough!

Second Stage:

Theme Park
They make look barely into their teens but they can make music that gives everyone a little dancing urge *see awkward shuffle note mentioned with Spector

Dog Is Dead
Prepare your vocal chords for a good old sing song

Hidden Hedge: 

Luke Ferre
Because this is one of the best covers I've ever heard. 


If you're off to Blissfields this weekend and think I may have missed an amazing act off my list then let me know, or come say hello, I'll probably be running around in my parka-in-a-pocket with the pink floral wellies, what can I say, I'm a master at festival fashion! The only thing you really need to bring to Blissfields is a smile, see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment