Wednesday 27 March 2013

The (un)Official Band Break Up Week.


So last week wasn't great, at all really. There's still no sign of warmer weather, my pay packet was minuscule and left right and center bands were deciding to call it a day. If someone would like to explain to me what the hell happened that would be great. I know most people are devastated about the end to emo heartthrobs My Chemical Romance, though there seems to be a lot of conspiracy theories about the split and possible reform? Honestly though, I'm not too fussed, it's always a shame when a group decide to call it quits, MCR just don't really do anything for me anymore.

There's two in particular that I really am feeling pretty glum about however.

I Dream In Colour - Some of you may remember me featuring these guys in a previous Sunday Sound. I discovered them well over a year ago now and have been pushing them ever since, so I really am sad to see they've gone their separate ways. Though, vocalist Richard Judge is working away on his own projects, so keep an eye out for those in the next few months. Read the full statement from the band here.


HARBOUR - Now, it pains me to even write about this split. Many of you will know how much I adored these guys, featuring them in various posts on here. As soon as I heard their single Colder I was completely sold and I've dedicated a lot of time to them. I drove two and a half hours to see them live and frequently played them on my radio show etc. and over the past few months have, on some level become friends with them. I completely understand why they've decided to call it a day, but I am well and truly gutted. I respect them all as musicians and as friends, so hopefully this won't be the last we see of any of them. In the meantime I urge you to go support Chris as he tours around with Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun, maybe purchase a little something from Mike's clothing line Cub Clothing and head down to one of Andy Oliveri's shows.


Aside from these two; Attack Attack (welsh), Tigers Jaw, Our Time Down Here and of course My Chemical Romance have all decided to discontinue. Seriously, WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!

If anymore bands decide to break up in the next few weeks I am going to be one unhappy munchkin.

Any band break-ups you're particularly saddened about? 




No comments:

Post a Comment