Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday Sound #8

I've been a busy bee this week, hopping up to London again, going to and fro' work. Setting up the new blog (see previous post) and generally trying to sort a few things out in my life! Of course though, I've had a soundtrack along my way and here's one of my more recent favourites...

Hey Vanity



There seems to be a bit of a theme running with these posts and the bands I feature. Hey Vanity formed after the demise of a band called Fei Comodo last year. Hailing from Chelmsford in Essex, the boys are still fairly new to the circuit and are building up a strong reputation for themselves. 

2013 has been named as the year for rock music and guitar bands, many are sneaking their way up the radio playlists, bands like Fall Out Boy are making their return and arms are held wide open for new bands with an exciting sound. Hey Vanity certainly fit into the latter, they've got the punchy guitar rhythms that'll have your body moving in all sorts of directions, superb vocals with a gritty tone to them and a handful of tracks that prove their worth amongst all the other guitar bands gracing the airwaves at the moment.

If you've been to one of the recent Don Broco tour dates, as well as catching the brilliant Mallory Knox, you would have seen the Hey Vanity boys tearing things up at the beginning of the night, (if you stood at the bar ignoring their set, then you are quite simply stupid). There's a sure way to win over a crowd who perhaps haven't heard of you before and that is with a cover. Hey Vanity have put their own spin on the pop hit Hey Ya! by Outkast, which is absolutely bloody fantastic and yes, I have been shakin' it all over the place since hearing it. So if you see me with a grin on my face and my bum having a wiggle, I'm probably listening to this. It's pure genius. 

Keep an eye on these guys over the next few months as I have no doubt they'll be getting the success they deserve. 

For Fans Of: Mallory Knox, Lower Than Atlantis, Straight Lines


No comments:

Post a Comment