Sunday 25 November 2012

Sunday Sound #4

Apologies for no Sunday Sound last week, I spent most of Sunday with friends and driving over to Cardiff so unfortunately did not find time to write one up! Fear not however I am back with a great band which I'm sure you'll all love. Hopefully you're all enjoying reading these and are discovering some great music through this blog, so thank you for reading!

I Dream In Colour



Not only do they have a magnificent name, but the music produced by I Dream In Colour is one of an impressive scale. The southern four piece mix the twangs of their guitars with brilliantly crafted melodies and a unique vocal provided by Richard Judge. Already with a bunch of recorded songs under their belt, the guys are currently in the studio putting the finishing touches to their eagerly awaited debut album, which, if their previously released singles are anything to go by, it will be an absolute corker of a record. You may even recognise their work from a certain reality TV show involving a group of posh totties. 

Tracks such as Waiting Line and London are fantastically written indie works of art. The chorus' are catchy without being cheesy and make me all nostalgic of the summer as they soundtracked my drives around to see friends and family. Still Got A Hold On Me is an utterly beautiful song which sends shivers over me every time I listen to it, I'm such a sucker for a piano melody and this one is really bloody good. 

They've just announced a christmas show in London, so if you can make it then it will be a great experience, if not, keep an eye on their Facebook and website for further tour dates and to check out their Sofa Sessions they've been doing recently! 

For Fans Of: Bastille, The Kooks, Polarsets


No comments:

Post a Comment