Wednesday 18 January 2012

Tracks of 2011

Yes i know we're already half way through January, but i personally am still enjoying all the music that hit us in 2011 so thought i'd do a post on all the tracks that kept me going through the year!

First off:

The 'Everything WILL be alright' song


Ben Howard - Keep Your Head Up
I think the title of the song gives it away really, this helps lift my mood when I've been having a bad day!


The Summer Anthem


Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle
The up-beat, poppy chorus will leave you literally shuffling along and makes me think of days spent with friends over the summer.




The 'I'm going to sit back with a cuppa tea and listen to you' song


Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Box of Stones
Just listen, thats all you need to do.


The 'Brings me back to a good time' song

Neon Trees - Animal
This tracks reminds me of my work experience at Absolute Radio at the beginning of my year, where i was lucky enough to meet these guys. I also met a great friend there & this song always reminds me of them!


The 'I really liked that song but someone ruined it for me' song



Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Thanks to the lovely Greg James of Radio 1 fame, i now can't listen to this without picturing him doing his 'Bum Dance' ... Cheers Greg!


And Finally...

The guilty pleasure


One Direction - What makes you beautiful
I'm not even going to try and justify myself with this one, i know you all secretly enjoy it just as much as i do!


There we have it, just a few of the tracks that made up my 2011, check back soon to see my favourites of 2012 so far (yes there are some!) and the future single releases i think you'll all love!

No comments:

Post a Comment